Parkside Centre without Walls
ParkSide Centre Without Walls (PCWW) is easy to join and enjoy for free. Now seniors in our area can be part of a community from the comfort of their own home. No computer or internet needed, just a phone call connects participants with educational, health and wellness, travelogues, local history and games sessions Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, just to start. New programs will be offered as we grow. Seniors are not alone when they join this interactive telephone-based virtual seniors’ centre. It’s fun, free and easy!
If you or someone you know is finding it difficult to get out and be part of the community, ParkSide Centre Without Walls is a virtual, dependable support group and learning centre. Try it out, spread the word. For more information contact John Richer at the ParkSide Centre at 705-673-6227
One of our participants recently said, “I’m 95 years old, I don’t go out. Every Wednesday I’m looking forward to my program, and although I have never met anyone face to face, I feel like I know them. It’s my family.”
Contact us and join.
From global politics and current events to local issues, join this weekly discussion group to keep up to date and share your opinions. Each week we will discuss current events or other special subjects and we will explore ways to solve all of the world’s problems.
Mondays and Fridays
Rejoigner ce groupe de discussion hebdomadaire pour vous tenir au courant et partager vos opinions. Chaque semaine, nous discuterons d’actualités ou d’autres sujets spéciaux et nous explorerons des moyens de résoudre tous les problèmes du monde.
Les lundis et vendredis
10:00 du matin
In this themed discussion group we will be talking about anything and everything sports! We will discuss everything from current teams and games to past performances, favorite athletes, trivia questions, personal sports stories, sports news and anything else the group wishes to discuss.
1:00 – 2:00 pm
Appelez pour discuter de votre sport préféré. Qui a gagné, qui a perdu, quels métiers sont considérés et comment va votre équipe?
ParkSide Centre Without Walls Advisory Group
Are you enjoying our programming? Do you have an idea for what else you may like to see? Help us make our program better by giving your opinion on new ideas, programs and issues. We would love to have this discussion with you!
March 27, 2020
Groupe consultatif ParkSide Centre Without Walls
Appréciez-vous notre programmation? Avez-vous une idée de ce que vous aimeriez voir d’autre? Aidez-nous à améliorer notre programme en donnant votre avis sur de nouvelles idées, programmes et questions. Nous aimerions avoir cette discussion avec vous!
27 mars 2020
10:00 du matin
What is ParkSide Centre Without Walls?
The ParkSide Centre Without Walls (SCWW) is as simple as just picking up your telephone!
Through the use of multi-person phone calls, SCWW provides the opportunity for participants to join in on health and wellness seminars, educational lectures, brain-stimulating activities, listen to live musical entertainment, join in on general conversations, and make new and meaningful friendships – all from the comforts of home! It works just the same as attending a class or a lecture at the centre, but instead it is facilitated over the telephone.
ParkSide Centre Without Walls Basics:
• Completely free program.
• Programs are multi-person phone conversations (or conference calls).
• No special equipment needed – just your average phone!
• All you have to do is pick up your phone- we can call you in.
• Each phone session lasts between 30-60 minutes on the phone.
• Each phone session averages 6-10 people on the call.
• You are able to hear each other, talk to one another, learn, and/or just have fun!
• You must pre-register for all classes in the Seniors’ Center Without Walls Program!
PCWW Code of Conduct
• Respectful and courteous manners, including using appropriate language and subject matters, and not interrupting others.
• Positive communication.
• Help to provide an environment that is sensitive to and respectful of everyone’s needs and preferences, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, culture, colour, religion, age, mental or physical disability, gender identity or gender expression, or sexual orientation.